Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Everyone's Got a Blog But Me...

Alicia Brown, living in Dallas and learning. Everyday. My life has changed so much over the last 2 years. After graduate school, I took, what I thought was, the job of a lifetime. I moved 2000 miles away. Granted, I learned so much and have that great resume booster, but I feel I lost a part of who I was. I have since moved back to Texas and daily God is renewing me, repairing me and restoring me.
He restored Christian fellowship. The hardest part of my pilgrimage was that I had no church to call home. My first weekend back to Texas I went to my beloved Fellowship Church and tears streamed down my face, with reckless abandon. I felt that the last 2 years were spilling down my cheeks. I couldn't praise God enough. I felt I was home. I was surrounded by a thousand or so people all singing praise to the same God. I felt far from Him the last 2 years but felt Him holding me so closely. Each weekend I get so excited to go to church. I want to be there every day. I don't just want to soak in it I want to drown in the God's grace and His mighty plan. He brought me home.

2 comments:

Melodie said...

yay! i am so glad you are home!

The Myers said...

Such sweet words. I am so glad you're home too! We need to do lunch again sometime soon. Love ya.