Thursday, July 24, 2008

Golden Friends

Have you heard that old song "make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold"? As I get older I realize how true that is. I like that the old friends are the more precious metal. I also have a greater appreciation for The Golden Girls (who doesn't love Sophia - so sad she passed away this week).
In the middle of June, I got to see all my high school friends. It was our 10 year high school reunion. How could 10 years sneak by like that? There are people that require you to talk to or see them everyday otherwise the friendship fades. Then, there are friends that no matter how long it's been since you've talked or seen each other, they are just apart of you. My high school friends are laced through me.
This visit was filled with babies, babies, babies. Our little group has more than doubled. I feel our little family is just growing. I am Auntie Alicia to SO many children and I love it. I get to love on the babies but I don't have to chase them or wipe them.
One of my favorite parts was visiting with Aubrey Claire Skains. Now, I have lavished this little Fancy Nancy with shoes and clothes so you would think I would naturally be adored - not the case here. Little miss had just learned to shake her head "NO". I even asked if she wanted chocolate (followed by violent shaking of head and reaching for mommy).
Ah the plot thickens... Not to worry my dedicated readers. Little Aubrey soon remembered who enabled her soon-to-be shoe addiction and we were best buds once again. Make sure you notice the picture of Little Miss posing on the floor (below). I love my golden friends.


4 comments:

Brett and Erin said...

Hey! I'm so glad you've joined the blog world =)

the thorntons said...

Hallelujah, I get to keep up with Alicia Brown now!!! I'm so glad I found you. Let's get together soon...I'm in Fort Worth! It's been WAY too long. :)

SarahRJohnston said...

I am so happy you are now blogging! I always love to hear how you are doing! I miss you and love you lot's!

The Skains Family said...

I am so happy to see Aubrey has made your blog! She feels very special. Now you actually have to update your blog regularly okay!!! We all miss you tons.